Dot brand observatory, a resource for all stakeholers in the domains world
The dot brand observatory is a research programme that captures and analyses 360 degree data from all the dot brand Top Level Domains. Some early adopters from the largest brands in the world, such as BMW or Apple and Sony, Microsoft etc.. applied for a closed new Top Level Domain registry.
The observatory provides an access to the research through a report, that is a snapshot of the state of the dot brand market as it stood in February 2016. We have profiled every live dot brand registry so you can see how each one is being used and technically, how it is set up. At this time, of the 589 total dot brand gTLDs, 336 were live with just 404 active websites under second level domains. The observatory provides also an interactive dashboard, enabling users to dig into the details of the sites. The user will also access profiles of Top Level and Second Level Domain names.
The observatory was developed by dot stories and Valideus. It serves multiple purposes :
- Marketers who need to understand how this new tool can be used and leveraged.
- Intellectual Property specialists, looking at how to protect and enhance brands.
- Digital experts who need to develop new customer experiences.
- Executives who need to ensure they take the right decisions.
- Project managers, wanting to define timing, budget, objectives for their project.
- Brand owner who want to build a clear case for the potential future applications
More information on https://observatory.domains