Globally, this shows a relatively low number of active site on the new gTLD. New genuine authentic content takes probably time to be developed and will most certainly come in a second phase.
The compared ranking for the biggest TLDs in terms of domains is quite interesting :
The largest TLD in terms of domains is XYZ, it is also nearly the smallest in terms of google results.
Graphically, this is the result, showing 6 groups :
– xyz has a huge number of domains but few sites
– berlin has large number of sites and of domains
– guru and club have large number of domains, but fewer active presence
– company, photography and email seem to have an average number of domains and of sites
– expert, solutions and tips seem to be much lower in terms of actual sites
– link, wang, today and center and xn--3ds443g seem to have a slower start.
The google query used is illustrated heinafter :